PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 105 minutes
• 2 Turkey Breasts
• 1 Onion – finely chopped
• 3 Cloves of garlic – crushed
• 3 Large carrots – peeled and coarsely chopped
• 6 Fresh sage leaves
• 4 Fresh bay leaves
• 1/2 Lemon sliced
• 3 Leeks – sliced and washed
• 2 Cups water
• Oil as needed
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a Emile Henry large ceramic stewing pot. Coat the turkey breasts in oil, salt and pepper and add to the pot to brown for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Once browned, remove the breasts and add all the other ingredients except the water and the lemon to the pot and fry until caramelized. Then squeeze the lemon juice into the mix and add lemon zest (shavings of the lemon rind).
3. Now add the two turkey breasts followed by the two cups of water to the pot. Salt and pepper to taste, cover with the lid and place in the oven at 70 °C for 90 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and place under the grill for 10-15 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
5. Carve the turkey and serve with the vegetables.
Hint: Reserve the cooking liquid and use as a sauce over the carved turkey breast.
Serving Suggestion: We served this with an asparagus risotto.