PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes COOKING TIME: 30 minutes MAKES: 4
500g raw, whole rolled oats; ½ cup roughly chopped blanched almonds; ½ cup roughly chopped pecan nuts; ¼ cup roughly chopped pistachio; ¼ cup crushed hazelnuts; 3 tbsp dried pomegranate seeds; 1 cup desiccated coconut; 2 tbsp raw honey; 2 tbsp coconut oil; ¼ tsp vanilla extract; 1 large pinch fine sea salt; ½ chopped dehydrated pineapple
- Combine the oats, all the nuts, pomegranate seeds and desiccated coconut in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut oil, honey and vanilla slightly until all the ingredients melt and combine. Add the salt.
- Pour the warm liquid over the granola mix and stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon, or with your hands while wearing a pair of rubber gloves.
- Pack the combined granola ingredients onto baking sheets in a thin layer, with parchment paper lining below.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 120°C for 30 minutes, or until slightly golden brown in colour and dry.
- Remove the trays from the oven and allow to cool. Then, using your hands, crumble the granola to break up any clumps.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Serve your homemade granola with fresh seasonal fruit, yoghurt and honey.
Looking for something a little more solid perhaps? CLICK HERE for our delicious Lamb Tagine with Dried Prunes and Almonds recipe