PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes COOKING TIME: 5 minutes MAKES: 6
6 tbs flour, 250ml milk, 230g butter – softened, 224 g caster sugar, 2 tsp. vanilla, 2 tsp lemon juice, Food colouring
- Combine flour and milk in a pan. Whisk together over a medium heat until mixture thickens and a thick paste is formed. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon juice and thick paste. Beat on high speed continuously for 8 minutes until light and aerated. Scrap sides from time to time.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs, one at a time.
- Add food colouring.
- Place in a piping bag with desired nozzle.
- Pipe pattern on cooled cupcakes.
CLICK HERE for the Chocolate cupcake recipe