PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes COOKING TIME: 10 minutes MAKES: 6
4 sheets gelatine, 1 cup cream, 1 cup water, 240g granulated sugar, 120g cocoa powder, sifted, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soften the gelatine in cold water.
- Combine water, cream and sugar in a saucepan, bring to the boil.
- Add cocoa powder and whisk for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool down slightly. Add softened gelatine and whisk thoroughly.
- Store in fridge overnight.
- Place in a pot and reheat to 49°C.
- Place the cake on a wire rack and a tray under. Pour the gelée over the cake making sure the cake is evenly covered.
CLICK HERE for the Chocolate cupcake recipe