PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes COOKING TIME: 20 minutes MAKES: 6
2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda, Pinch of salt, ½ cup cocoa powder, 160g butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 ½ cups granulated sugar, 3 eggs, 1 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Grease 6 cake rings 8cm in diameter.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and bicarbonate soda in a bowl.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs, one at a time.
- With the motor running, add flour and milk alternating between the two. Make sure that you finish with the flour.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cases till 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 mins or insert skewer to test. Ready when clean. Rotate the tray after 10 minutes, if necessary.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.